National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Practicing Triathlon Coach, Competitive level
Can Fit Pro Personal Trainer Specialist, Kieser Certified Cycling Instructor
Through Tri4Life Multisport Coaching, Laura Englund offers customized training plans, as well as group triathlon training, preparing athletes of all abilities for various triathlons from Try-A-Tri’s to Ironman.
Through extensive consultation and monitoring, Laura helps her clients set and achieve realistic goals; goals that can be maintained for life; goals that create balance. The message that she tries to convey is that triathlon is not about completing Ironman; it’s about maintaining healthy lifestyles, balancing physical fitness with work, education, family, and everything else! She encourages her clients to recognize their own demands, and supports them when life gets in the way.Laura’s past and present accomplishments include:
- Head coach of the Regina Multisport Swim Club
- Dry land Triathlon Training Instructor through the City of Regina
- Saskatchewan Triathlon Association’s 2010 Coach of the Year
- Recipient of the Regina and District Chamber of Commerce Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Race director for See Jane Tri for the Cure
- Facilitated various KOS (Kids of Steel) and Junior Tri Cougar clinics
- Facilitates the annual See Jane Tri & See Jane Sprint preparatory clinics
- Numerous sprint, Olympic, and ½ Ironman finishes, as well as many road races
- Numerous volunteer positions within the multisport community.
Laura leads by example, consistently meeting her own fitness goals. She believes in participating with her athletes, always being prepared and showing up with a positive attitude every day. She is a very progressive coach, constantly upgrading her skills, and staying abreast of new coaching and training methods.